Do you want to find inner peace, start out on a spiritual journey or maybe you simply want to more to a more healthy life and pass those skills on to others. A stay at the Sammasati Retreat could help you do all of those things and more besides.
The Sammasati has an inclusive atmosphere that welcomes all levels of fitness and expertise. So whether you're a beginner or you already practice yoga and meditation on a regular basis - you'll fit right in.
The resort itself is situated in the north west corner of Koh Samui, in Maenam. And because it's right on the edge of the island you will be treated to some amazing panoramic views of the crystal clear oceans while you take on your yoga teacher training.
Registered by the Yoga Alliance International, the yoga teachers at the Sammasati Retreat are highly skilled professionals that have undergone hundreds of hours of training. Many of the staff members have competed professionally in numerous yoga championships around the world. We are sure you'll agree that the training from the Sammasati Retreat team will be invaluable and continue to serve you, and those you teach, well for the rest of your life.
The general ethos of this retreat is to let yoga and meditation into your life and make it part of your every day routine.
At the Sammasati Retreat yoga is practised in its most traditional form, and care has been taken to create a program that doesn't simply teach you the moves and techniques of yoga. It also educates you in the traditions and cultural background of the skill.
You can start with the first 200 hour yoga course which takes you through an intensive program looking at the philosophy and spiritual side of yoga and meditation. There is also a 500 hour course for the more experienced among you.
If getting in touch with your inner spirit while invigorating your well-being sounds like what you've been looking for, we at Amazing Thailand Holidays strongly urge you to book your place before you leave home, and you'll get 5% off current Sammasati advertised prices with just a 1,000 THB booking deposit.
A new life of tranquillity awaits.
Included in the 200 hrs Yoga Teacher Training Course
- Pick up from Ko Samui Airport, Any Peir in Ko Samui
- Welcome kit 1 Yoga T-shirt, 1 yoga dress for certification
- Oceanic Yoga Teacher Training Manual
- Yoga DVD’s, music and study material
- Resort facilities wifi, gym, swimming pool, Herbal steam bath
- Oceanic Yoga 200 hrs Certificate Yoga Alliance accelerated
Cancellation policy for 200 hrs Yoga Teacher Training Course in Thailand: If you need to cancel the course due to any unavoidable reasons, then the booking amount can be adjusted in any other future course within 9 months from the booking date or 50% amount can be refunded after 30 days since your notification.
Our 200-hour Teacher Training Course is a 4-week intensive program of study designed to give you the knowledge, skills and confidence to teach Yoga. The program is based on Yoga Alliance International’s certification standards that is recognized world-wide and includes:
- History & Philosophy of Yoga. We will study the development of Yoga through the ages as well as the perennial spiritual principles that guide the practices.
- Interactive study of philosophical subjects related to Yoga. We encourage class discussion and interaction. Rather than simply lecture, we ask questions and pose problems to stimulate your critical thinking ability and deeper understanding of the philosophy of Yoga.
- Eight limbs of Ashtanga Yoga. They are: 1) Yama, deals with one’s ethical standards and sense of integrity, 2) Niyama has to do with self-discipline and spiritual observances, 3) Asana or postures, 4) Pranayama, the breathing practices, 5) Pratyahara means withdrawal or sensory transcendence, 6) Dharana or concentration as a preparation for meditation, 7) Dhyana is Meditation or contemplation, 8) Samadhi or realization
- Yogasutras of Patanjali (in its original meaning)
- Bhagavad Gita (based on the best commentary)
- Teaching Skills & Methodology. We cover the most effective and practical ways to teach Yoga. This segment will cover all types of classes from relaxation and meditation to the most dynamic classes. You will learn how to adapt your classes to children, adults, pregnant women, elderly people and disabled or ill people. Teacher skills such as observation, logic, intuition, creativity, adaptability, diversity, and spontaneity will be highlighted.
- Safety issues. We will teach you specific ways to correct student postures without injuring yourself or the student, how to challenge without pushing stretches too far, alternative postures, and other ways to prevent injuries.
- Correction & alignment of poses. We teach poses that support natural posture with anatomically correct spine alignment.Proper alignment is necessary for preventing injuries as well as maximizing the benefits of any asana
- Poor posture blocks energy flow, resulting in a negative impact on one’s physical, emotional, and mental well-being; good posture energizes our whole being.
Daily schedule for 200 hr Yoga Teacher Training Course
|07:00-08:30||Pranayama & Meditation|
|15:00-16:15||Art of Teaching/Technical Part|
|Saturday 07:00-10:00 - Special Activities|
- Be the first to review this product